CDR Clan
Have a nice day!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CDR Clan
Have a nice day!
CDR Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killzone 3....

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Killzone 3.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Killzone 3....

Post  SlowHandMick Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:35 am

themanlikedave wrote:You at work on friday Mick?. Or are you, like me, having the day off and smashing your double XP voucher.

Anyone else off that day?

I happened to book Thursday & Friday off this weeks 'cos it's half term - which conveniently coincided with the release of KZ3! Beauty!

I'm hearing the 24 hours start from when you redeem the code. So I might complete the SP first, then get stuck into the MP. Saying that, going online when everyone is a noob is very appealing as I can loose myself in a sea of shiteness. Embarassed
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  themanlikedave Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:22 am

Thats what im thinking, the SP isnt going anywhere, id rather collect my points while everyone shite, if i leave it any longer than a few days im only going to get my arse handed to me over and over again.
themanlikedave
themanlikedave

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:08 am

Day one patch details:

Gameplay:

* Increased the number of melee kills needed to unlock Increased Accuracy
* StA-3 LMG has had its spread increased and overall accuracy lowered
* Lowered the range and recoil of the LS-57 SMG
* Silent Footsteps has been removed as a ribbon and is now an unlockable skill
* Capturing a Capture and Hold area in Operations will award the same amount of points as it does in Warzone – it was previously worth less
* A specific screen has been added to inform players when a Skill has been unlocked
* Medic: The LS-57 SMG replaces their previously equipped StA-11 SMG
* Medic: The M224-1A LMG replaces their previously equipped LS-13 Shotgun
* Engineer: The StA-11 SMG replaces their previously equipped LS-57 SMG
* Tactician: The LS-13 Shotgun replaces their previously equipped M224-1A LMG
* Tactician: Neutralizing and capturing Tactical Spawn Areas now have two different timers, allowing you to neutralize the ownership away from the enemy faction quicker
* Tactician: Spot & Mark has been rebalanced - it will now ‘pulse’ like a sonar for 30 seconds, rather than stay constantly active during its duration
* Infiltrator: Disguise ranges for each rank has been adjusted. At rank 1, any player can see through Disguise when targeting the Infiltrator. At rank 2, a player must be within 30m range. At rank 3, a player must be within 15m range. Additionally, Disguise at rank 2 has had its timer set to ‘indefinite’ and is no longer based on a timer.
* Infiltrator: The sprint speed modifier earned from Survivalist has been decreased
* New online trophies can be unlocked from the Retro Pack DLC
* Kick-voting has been added to online matches
* Experience points earned for completing mission objectives has been increased

Clans and Squads:

* You can no longer rejoin a clan match that has already finished
* Current clan ratings are more accurately reflected at the beginning of the match
* Players will no longer start the game in a squad by themselves
* Clan matches will no longer end in a draw if one clan quits out (therefore forfeiting) before the remaining clan is able to score points in Guerrilla Warfare
* You will no longer hang after pressing the Start button right after accepting a clan invite on the region select screen

Network Issues:

* Network errors experienced during the open beta, such as 20002 and 8001, should no longer occur
* A 30 second time-out has been added to Multiplayer “joining” screen, should you experience an interruption in your connection
* Players that don’t have the Retro Pack, who tried joining a friend who was currently playing on a Retro Pack map, will no longer receive a network error code

General Bugs:

* You will no longer have the “Your Faction Has Won/Lost” image roll over into subsequent matches
* You will no longer receive multiple unlock points when the server is out of sync
* You will no longer accumulate additional unlock points after everything has been unlocked
* Fixed an issue that caused the menu to stop responding after switching rapidly between the career unlocks screen and the multiplayer main menu
* The Bullet Damage ribbon reward is now applied to all primary and secondary weapons that fire bullets
* Tactician: Fixed an issue that prevented players from re-activating Spot & Mark for 60 seconds after they were killed with it active

CAMPAIGN

Cutscenes:

* Stutter issues stemming from cutscenes that were loaded from the menu have been resolved
* Icy Incursion: Audio is now in sync during the cutscene played while streaming into Providence Station

Gameplay:

* Improved streaming performance for a smoother gameplay experience

GENERAL

Sharp shooter:

* Square button is mapped to Jump when using the Sharpshooter
* Adjusted the deadzone modifier when using the Sharpshooter

PlayStation Move:

* Fixed a possible crash that could occur after playing the campaign while using the motion controller

Technical:

* Killzone 3 is now integrated into the PSN store
* Enhanced security features included to deter cheating
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:26 am

Retro Map pack already available on the store (2 maps from KZ2) - £3.99. (Maps included in the CE edition.)

Gotta love DLC going on sale BEFORE you can buy the game! Evil or Very Mad
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:36 pm

Well, game arrived on Thursday and naturally I have completed it. Twice. Once on Trooper with a DS3 and once with the Move controller on easy. I'm now on my 3rd play-through on the hardest Elite difficulty. Which is testimony to what a great game the single player is - action packed and full of set pieces following set pieces. Just didn't want it to end!

Let's hear your thoughts on it..
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Hitman Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:29 am

I too completed the game over the weekend and throughly enjoyed it. Nice mix of run n gun, hold position and vehicle/mech moments which all provided an enthralling campaign. Although to short, but that's how FPS campaign games are going now in order to produce sequels.
I'm enjoying the MP strangely, KZ2 was too much of a strain to keep up with but this one feels a little different (not much but a little).
I was playing warzone with a friend, Goldmemba, and we stuck together guarding tactical points and bomb plants which worked really well whilst all the other fools went off into the battle. Racked up 9k in one game, so tactics can work very well on the MP!

Looking forward to seeing the turnout 2nite!
Mr Hitman
Mr Hitman
Admin

https://cdrclan.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  themanlikedave Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:28 am

Im loving it, campaign was pretty good but MP is absolutly killer.

One thing, anyone else get stiffed on their double XO code?
themanlikedave
themanlikedave

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:10 pm

themanlikedave wrote:Im loving it, campaign was pretty good but MP is absolutly killer.

One thing, anyone else get stiffed on their double XO code?

It was a bit of a balls-up from Game. They promise codes when there was none forthcoming! However, they came good in the end as I have now received a code via email as I ordered my CE copy online. I'm not to sure what the procedure is for those who bought a copy from the shop though?
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Mr Hitman wrote:I too completed the game over the weekend and throughly enjoyed it. Nice mix of run n gun, hold position and vehicle/mech moments which all provided an enthralling campaign. Although to short, but that's how FPS campaign games are going now in order to produce sequels.
I'm enjoying the MP strangely, KZ2 was too much of a strain to keep up with but this one feels a little different (not much but a little).
I was playing warzone with a friend, Goldmemba, and we stuck together guarding tactical points and bomb plants which worked really well whilst all the other fools went off into the battle. Racked up 9k in one game, so tactics can work very well on the MP!

Looking forward to seeing the turnout 2nite!

Turnout good. However GT5 is just too good to resist! Will be up for a bonus KZ3 only night on Wednesday if anyone is around...
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:52 am

KZ3 sesh tonight anyone?
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:35 am

We need to play this more! We're starting to look like a bunch of noobs online! Smile

Pikey, here's a useful guide to the classes & upgrades and some useful tips:

http://segmentnext.com/2011/01/28/killzone-3-multiplayer-class-guide/
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:36 am

KZ3, £27.99 - Play.com for today only!

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/13647108/Killzone-3/Product.html

*Edit*
Amazon are doing it for the same price too. Can't be arsed to link as it's going to get ignored anyhow.
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  themanlikedave Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:24 am

Gents, went on Killzone.com this morning, all my stats seem to have been zeroed. Anyone else noticed this at all?. I wonder if its related to the maintainence to the PSN last night.
themanlikedave
themanlikedave

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:47 am

themanlikedave wrote:Gents, went on Killzone.com this morning, all my stats seem to have been zeroed. Anyone else noticed this at all?. I wonder if its related to the maintainence to the PSN last night.

Not sure if this is correct, but I heard that the stats will be reset every month anyway...Anything being said in the forums?
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  themanlikedave Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:15 am

Dont know how to get the body of the previous post into mine so i...well, wont.

However, it would seem that there was some maintainence done overnight, and SOME peoples stats have zeroed on the site, however, by all account log into the PSN play a game and they should all be back.

I found this out by wading through the usual knee jerk 'GG have ruined my life WAHHHHHHH' rubbish you have to suffer when ever this sort of thing happens.

Also, there appears to be a rumour that GG would be Zeroing the stats of people whose Double XP code etc lasted for more than 24 hours. Not sure of this is true or just some cheeky person mentioning it then sitting back and watching the carnage unfold.

Abrahams out.
themanlikedave
themanlikedave

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:03 am

themanlikedave wrote:Dont know how to get the body of the previous post into mine so i...well, wont.

However, it would seem that there was some maintainence done overnight, and SOME peoples stats have zeroed on the site, however, by all account log into the PSN play a game and they should all be back.

I found this out by wading through the usual knee jerk 'GG have ruined my life WAHHHHHHH' rubbish you have to suffer when ever this sort of thing happens.

Also, there appears to be a rumour that GG would be Zeroing the stats of people whose Double XP code etc lasted for more than 24 hours. Not sure of this is true or just some cheeky person mentioning it then sitting back and watching the carnage unfold.

Abrahams out.

Good work there Dave!

I must get around to use my code. 2 sick days should cover it.
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  themanlikedave Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:54 am

Normal service has resumed.
themanlikedave
themanlikedave

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:30 am

Good news. I wish my stats would reset as they're shite.

Have you played the 'Operations' game mode yet Dave online? A few of us played it last night and enjoyed it..

Not getting drunk tonight (save that for tomorrow) so I think we should give KZ3 a good session tonight..
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  PitoPuccho Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:52 am

I'm in n this, send me a message if i'm playing something else.

Haven't been online with you chaps yet and I am loving this game.

Glad my stats have not rest as i'm not doing half bad.

P:S Cheers for the help with my final trophy last night Mickus.

PitoPuccho

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:12 am

PitoPuccho wrote:I'm in n this, send me a message if i'm playing something else.

Haven't been online with you chaps yet and I am loving this game.

Glad my stats have not rest as i'm not doing half bad.

P:S Cheers for the help with my final trophy last night Mickus.

No worries. Just managed to squeeze you in before the footy.

We really need to start playing this more. Even if it means playing GT5 less - which is hard 'cos it's so f*cking awesome. Maybe we should start doing KZ3 Mondays, and GT5 Thursdays (and bonus Sundays)?
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  PitoPuccho Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:14 am

I'm up for that. I've got a spare £5 on my PSN store, so may buy the other two maps also.

PitoPuccho

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:20 am

PitoPuccho wrote:I'm up for that. I've got a spare £5 on my PSN store, so may buy the other two maps also.

Funny you mention the other maps - I wasn't sure if everyone knew they were available on the PS store. Priced £3.99 for 2 maps from KZ2 (Tarted up for KZ3). If you bought the collectors edition, redeem the code and get them for free.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/02/03/introducing-the-killzone-3-retro-map-pack/

SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  themanlikedave Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:38 am

Im game, but, as per my email, KZ on a thursday would be better for me, consoles tied up by kids on Monday nights.

All over Operations Mick, loving it, im hoping that the next dlc Steel Rain will add another Ops map.

Be good to start working on the Clan's stats, they're all zero at the moment.

So, with all this in mind, what are your favoured Class and loadouts?

Any cheeky Marksmen with Sniper rifles on the firm?
themanlikedave
themanlikedave

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:48 am

themanlikedave wrote:Im game, but, as per my email, KZ on a thursday would be better for me, consoles tied up by kids on Monday nights.

All over Operations Mick, loving it, im hoping that the next dlc Steel Rain will add another Ops map.

Be good to start working on the Clan's stats, they're all zero at the moment.

So, with all this in mind, what are your favoured Class and loadouts?

Any cheeky Marksmen with Sniper rifles on the firm?

I'm working on my engineer class at the moment, but will starting to beef-up my tactician next as dominating the spawn points (as well as the ammo crates) swings the balance considerably.

Patch v1.04 has just been released today. Here's the changelog (deep breath):

Killzone 3 - Patch 1.04 Changes and New functionality:

Network

• Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013

Gameplay

• Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
  • Mortally
    wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be
    able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded
    players

• Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
  • Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
  • Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win

Performance

• Improvements to party creation server load

Menu

• Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
  • Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
  • Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
  • Single click squad invite
  • Enhanced idle detection code in menu, the player isn’t spawned if he’s still pressing buttons

Security

• Several security, anti hack and cheat fixes

Killzone 3 – Patch 1.04 Bug Fixes

Stability

• Fix for an occasional crash bug when in the Credits screen and transitioning straight into Multiplayer via a Invite
  • Fix for potential hang when players migrate between maps

Gameplay

• Player can retain crouched collision after deploying jetpack
  • The Assassination Executioner medals only count Deadly Assassin kills, not Executioner kills
  • Cloak kills with weapons that break cloak now count towards medal for Cloak levels 1 and 2.
  • Global - Medic’s Triage droids now disappear when player quits out of game
  • Cloak/Disguise cannot be removed manually by accident anymore
  • Fix for rumble in Exo being over-powered and out of sync
  • Fix for Silent Footsteps remaining active after choosing other skill and removed from the personal stats menu
  • Exploit - Akmir Snowdrift - Player can reach the boat by using an ammo box to exit the intended boundaries

Functionality

• Disc eject now handled more gracefully
  • Clan– Fix for player quitting and re-joining a tournament, they may re-enter a tournament alone

Trophies

• DLC 1 ‘Little Big Weapons’ Trophy does now counts rocket launcher and StA2

Menu

• Find game – Operations - Mode description - Spelling issue fixed
  • Friends: Fix for Clan tags being displayed for a max of nine players despite the number of player that are in the clan
  • Fix for incorrect message given when attempting to join a Clan Game that an online friend is taking place in
  • Spawn-screen – Fix for when the extra Primary Weapon skill is equipped, the weapon description goes out of sync
  • Accolades do now show subsequently
  • When
    receiving a squad invite from a player in another match, there is now a
    warning that the player will leave his current game.

• Scramble detailed range and in-game range now match properly
  • The Spot and Mark description in the unlock menu is now correct
  • Fix
    for when the player presses the SQUARE button when a player that is in
    their game is highlighted in the squad lobby menu they receive the
    message ‘You cannot join a play that is not in a game.’

• Turn off animations for the squad list to avoid it becoming unreadable every time a rebuild occurs when voice chat is activated
  • Fix for when trying to join a friend without the required DLC pack, the message will tell the player they are part of a squad.
  • Fix
    for the message informing the player they are attempting to join a DLC
    game without the required DLC content installed reading better

• Increased Accuracy & Faster Reload Ribbons now update in the personal statistics screen.
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  themanlikedave Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:09 am

So, what was the outcome of the Killzone night debate?.

Is it thursdays now?

Was there even a conclusion reached?.
themanlikedave
themanlikedave

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum