CDR Clan
Have a nice day!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CDR Clan
Have a nice day!
CDR Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GT5 chit-chat

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GT5 chit-chat - Page 2 Empty Re: GT5 chit-chat

Post  SlowHandMick Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:32 am

Week 5 seasonals are up:

VW Schimmwagen @ Cape Ring Periphery (800,000 cr/30000 exp)
Peugeot 207 GTi @ Cote d' Azur (150,000 cr/40,000 exp)
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 @ Cape Ring South (200,000 cr/70,000 exp)
Alfa Romeo BC Competizione @ Rome (350,000 cr/90,000 exp)
DTM Touring Cars @ Nuburgring GP/D (2,000,000 cr/120,000 exp)
All are 5 laps except for the DTM event, which is 8 laps.

New cars in online Dealership:
Ford F-150 Lightning
Dodge Ram
BMW M3 GTR Race Car
Opel and Vauxhall Calibra Touring Cars
Opel and Vauxhall Astra Touring Cars
Audi A4 Touring Car
Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car
Audi TT-R Touring Car
Alfa 155 2.5 V6 Ti '93
Formula Gran Turismo
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:17 am

Week 6 seasonals are now up. (They will be released every Thursday at 04:00)

Suzuki Cappucino
SSR5 5 laps
150,000CR
20000XP

Mazda MX5
Tsukaba 10 laps
300,000CR
50000XP

Skyline Sedan 350GT
Trial mountain 5 laps
550,000CR
70000XP

Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Monza 5 laps
1 million CR 5 laps
90000XP

Chevrolet Corvette
Indy road course 5 laps
1.5 million CR
120,000XP
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:58 am

Welcome Hitman_P to GT5. cheers

If we can just get everyone on together we'd have 9 player races. About time a few other stragglers got in on the act. geek
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Hitman Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:00 am

Mash up has come up with an idea for some online races. Rather than our BHP settings, pick a few cars and do whatever you like to em? My vote is for the good old 5 series BMW's.......
Thoughts?
We still continue with the BHP settings but consider the above.
Mr Hitman
Mr Hitman
Admin

https://cdrclan.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:48 am

Mr Hitman wrote:Mash up has come up with an idea for some online races. Rather than our BHP settings, pick a few cars and do whatever you like to em? My vote is for the good old 5 series BMW's.......
Thoughts?
We still continue with the BHP settings but consider the above.

Sounds reasonable to me. We'll discuss it online tonight in the lobby...
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  cornishpastie Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:05 am

PS3 number 3 delivered!

Here we go again!
cornishpastie
cornishpastie

http://www.anthonymashford.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:37 am

Get your backup schedules in place!
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  cornishpastie Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:35 am

I have confirmed with SOny that all GT5 progress has been lost, cars, licenses etc...!

Gonna borrow Gav's copy until mine gets posted back
cornishpastie
cornishpastie

Back to top Go down

Post  cornishpastie Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:21 am

If anyone has a spare Mazda MX5 or Skyline 350GT it would be most appreciated
cornishpastie
cornishpastie

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:38 am

Week 7 seasonals are finally out:

12 races this time:

3 races each for 200hp FF, 300hp FR, 400hp 4WD and Ferrari Formula cars. Each race is between 3-10 laps.

FF 200bhp limit* - Tsukuba, Eiger Short Track and Trial Mountain
FR 300bhp limit* - Deep Forest, Suzuka and Cape Ring North
4WD 400bhp limit*-Rome, Laguna Seca and Cape Ring (full)
FFT (10 million credits to buy one!!) Tokyo, Nurburgring, GP/F and Indy Road Course

Good to see the BHP limit is back - as it makes it a challenge. However, XP & credits are now a pittance compared to what they used to be. BUT. By all accounts, you can do these events over and over and gain XP & Credits each time. Only need another 9.3 million credits and I can buy an F1 car. I hope Gunnell's got one for a loaner!

Will be getting stuck into these this evening, then we'll go online between 8:30-9.

*Edit*

* No upper limit again -but these are the suggested power limit of the opposition. No tyre restrictions either.
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Patch incoming this Friday - 18th. No idea what's in it yet but will post something here as soon as it's known.
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:09 am

And here's the skinny. Death breath...

[Major Changes and New Features]
・Remote Racing
[Remote Races] have been added to the bottom left of the [GT Mode] - [Community] screen.
Here you can start a fully automated B-Spec race using yours and your friends' "My Drivers", and gain rewards and experience from it.
For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu, and also the new "Remote Race" page on gran-tursimo.com, under the GT5 product information section.

・Remote Racing from a Web Browser
In [Remote Races], you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using a web browser, and remotely control your PS3® at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check results from the website. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere.
Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right corner of the website to get started.

・Using the Course Maker in Online Races
You can now use one of the "My Courses" created in [Course Maker] for your online races (in Open Lobby, My Lounge), or select themes and generate courses on the spot. (Please note you'll only be able to use My Courses created after this update).

・Introduction of Performance Points in Online Races
We've now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car's performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the online race regulations (in Open Lobby, My Lounge) to limit participating cars.
For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・Increased Rewards and Experience Online
The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (in Open Lobby, My Lounge) have been increased.

・More Event Settings in Online Races
[Auto Race Start Cycle] and [Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption] have been added to the event settings for online races (in Open Lobby, My Lounge).

・More Penalties for Special Events
Penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the [Special Events] under [GT Mode] - [GT Life].

・Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted
The rewards and experience gained in [License] and [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life] have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.

・Car Loan in Events
In A-Spec, B-Spec and [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life], you can now borrow cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.
For details see 6-16 [Borrowing and Lending Cars] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・More Car Settings
Gear ratio adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.

・Multi-Monitor Feature
From [Options] - [Hardware] - [Multi-Monitor], you can now access the multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3â„¢ systems.
You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in a wide display environment combining multiple PS3â„¢ systems and TV's/monitors.
For details please see the support section on gran-turismo.com.

[Changes and Additions to Gameplay]
- It is now possible to replay and save [2P Battle] races.
- [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].
- [Corner Bank Angle] has been added to the section settings in [Course Maker].
- In A-Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
- In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
- Personal BGM can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].
- Cars in your garage that are not registered as 'Favorites' can now be used in a [Lounge].
- When tire restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars with tires that qualify will be displayed in the garage.
- Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.
- Karts now have [Quick Menu settings.
- You can now select multiple items in some important menu screens, such as when registering your favorite cars in your [Garage].

[AI Adjustment]
- Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.
- Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.
- The evasive maneuver of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.

[Correction of Issues]
- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
- Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
-Corrected an issue where the sound effects would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
- Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

[Other Changes]
- A searchable item called [Race Type] has been added for room creation in the [Open Lobby].
- The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [Special Events] have been adjusted.
- Game save speed has been optimized.
- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
- Car demo backdrops during an [Auto Demo] is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].
- The "S-AWC" integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.
- The [Force Feedback Strength] of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:53 am

Phew! Quite a list. Here's my favorites.

For me, the ability to create, share & race user created tracks online is the real biggie as we now have a game with infinite tracks. Only tracks post 1.06 will work, so if you have one already created, delete it and re-do it. I reckon we should all make 3 tracks each. One short and twisty Kart track, one medium track suitable for mid-range cars and one super-fast track for high end cars. Remember to test your track before your publish it - and give it a suitable stupid name for a laugh.

Performance points online will need testing - but I think we should move to them over bhp as it takes into account the power to weigh ratio. We'll need to find suitable ranges to play with.

More cash & XP points online are always welcome!

Car loaning sounds cool. No need to keep on gifting cars, just set it to online and any of your friends and borrow it - and trash it. Razz

No need to add cars to your favorites as your entire garage is available online. Nice.

Red Bull Vettel challenge has been made easier. Whoot-hoot! It's my last Special event to complete.

All in all a great update. Online especially. No news on anymore A-spec or Special events which is a shame, but I think they're saving that for DLC.

SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:09 am

I've created 4 tracks at lunchtime:

Gunnell's Ring
The Sunny South
The Grim North
& Karty Farty

Looks like you can only share one track at a time with your friends so I've shared out 'Gunnell's Ring'. Please download from my tracks in my lounge, then we can play it online. Make sure you add this track to your favourites. Once downloaded, I'll offer-up another track.
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:34 am

SlowHandMick wrote:I've created 4 tracks at lunchtime:

Gunnell's Ring
The Sunny South
The Grim North
& Karty Farty

Looks like you can only share one track at a time with your friends so I've shared out 'Gunnell's Ring'. Please download from my tracks in my lounge, then we can play it online. Make sure you add this track to your favourites. Once downloaded, I'll offer-up another track.

No need for this. The online 'automagically create tracks on the fly' works really well as tested by a few of us last night. We now have a game with unlimited tracks which was given to us FREE. Take that expensive map packs! Laughing

See you online later. For the rest of you, it's Eastenders. Twisted Evil
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:52 am

Get your garage sorted!

We will be using Performance Points instead of BHP from now on - so deal with it. It's a fairer system than BHP as it takes into account more variables. Just having a car which matches the BHP and has racing tyres and weighs 3-5th's of fook all will win you the races all of the time. So PP's a great leveller.

Have a couple of choices from 400PP, rising to 750PP at 50PP intervals. After 750PP it's unlimited. There will be no tyre restrictions so it's up to you if you want to blow your PP budget on your tyres...
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 am

Spent an hour yesterday (and all my cash) getting my garage in order. I now have a spread of cars from 400pp to 650pp then ran out of cash. Whether these cars are any good will remain to be seen...
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Hitman Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:59 am

Remote racing is legendary!
I'm sitting here at work watching Cornish's remote B spec racing with mine, mash ups, papa p, gunnel and his own drivers! It's all live updates with every driver recieving prizes and xp!
Keep up the good work Tony

(I knew it was a good idea to put all 3 drivers to share with friends last nite)
Mr Hitman
Mr Hitman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:10 am

Mr Hitman wrote:Remote racing is legendary!
I'm sitting here at work watching Cornish's remote B spec racing with mine, mash ups, papa p, gunnel and his own drivers! It's all live updates with every driver recieving prizes and xp!
Keep up the good work Tony

(I knew it was a good idea to put all 3 drivers to share with friends last nite)

D'oh! I will get my driving online later. I'll get him up to level 1 for you all. Laughing
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:27 pm

The v1.07 patch has now REMOVED Performance Points for tyres - so racing soft tyres can be used without upping your limit. I believe this was done because if you had multiple tyres for a car, it was unclear which tyre you had fitted, and which PP it related too. I have now spent most of my cash buying RS tyres. Evil or Very Mad
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:00 am

New feature being worked on: Saving mid-endurance races. Nice. Look forward to that and will now save my endurance races for when that's released. Will now crack-on with the Vettel challenges in case they lower those qualification times!
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:32 am

I feel dirty after our glitching session last night. I shall cleanse myself by spending all my hard earned illegal credits on some cars. Laughing
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:59 pm

4 months and still playing GT5 like mad. Must be a CDR record! Twisted Evil

No sign of the others joining in which is disappointing..

Can we start at 20.30 Mondays & Thursday on GT5 - as I would like to get some KZ3 in starting around 22.15?
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:04 am

Patch v1.08 has been released....to fix the SS7 glitch.

A collective boo all round me thinks. lol!
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Hitman Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:21 am

Shopto.blog have reported this morning that 25 new track emblems have appeared on the remote BSpec application. Rumour is that these are new DLC tracks which include classics like Apricot Hill and new tracks Las Vegas and Hong Kong!

Watch this space!
Mr Hitman
Mr Hitman
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: