CDR Clan
Have a nice day!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

CDR Clan
Have a nice day!
CDR Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elder Scrolls - Skyrim

4 posters

Go down

Elder Scrolls - Skyrim Empty Elder Scrolls - Skyrim

Post  Mr Hitman Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:40 am

Release date of 11.11.2011.............woo hoo!
For people who don't know its Fallout but with Swords and Magic, not guns and grenades!
Mr Hitman
Mr Hitman
Admin

https://cdrclan.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls - Skyrim Empty Re: Elder Scrolls - Skyrim

Post  themanlikedave Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 am

All over this, cant believe how different it looks graphically to The Elder Scrolls.

So, come November I'll be faffing around shooting Deer with my bow and arrow again.
themanlikedave
themanlikedave

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowHandMick Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:39 am

Don't really dig all the swords and magic stuff myself - but I did see Fallout NV going for 13 quid at Zavvi the other day. I was tempted, I did like Fallout 3 to some extent, but in the end I just found it a bit too large, too long and have so many loose ends that the 'story' is a little confusing and fragmented. Is NV a smaller game? Is there a similar hybrid genre like F3 which is a bit more bite-sized? Mass Effect 2 maybe?

RPG guru's - HELP!
SlowHandMick
SlowHandMick

Back to top Go down

Post  themanlikedave Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:09 am

Well, if you didnt really get on with Fallout 3 for the reasons youve stated Id avoid New Vegas, I found Fallout 3 to be much more linear in its main quest than NV, theres multiple ways the story can play out and if you're not careful it can all get a bit confusing. Particularly if, like me, you go hacking of out into the wildeness starting quests left right and centre until you end up with about 30 on the go with no idea how they all link in to each other as you wernt really paying attention (although to be fair, that may be due to my insistence on having a zoot stuck in my gob permanently while i play it).

Having said that £13 isnt a bad price for the amount of game you get, if you can suffer the system freezes that are STILL happening.
themanlikedave
themanlikedave

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Hitman Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:25 am

I'm glad I'm not the only RPG maniac here. I found NV sharper and map a little smaller, however the storyline was just as long as F3! Freezes and glitches really started to piss me off, hence I stopped playing it a while back.

I originally picked up Mass Effect about 6 months ago on my eggbox for about £10 and loved it, but reviews indicate that MS2 is a better more refined game all round. But with all RPG's it'll take a considerable amount of your life to complete. If I can find it under £20 in the next few weeks, I may take the plunge. However with SOCOM round the corner it may only collect dust on my shelf whilst I get owned and tea bagged by you guys or yanks on SOCRACK.

Looking forward to exploring caves with some extreme hack and slash action! Woo Hoo!
Mr Hitman
Mr Hitman
Admin

https://cdrclan.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mash Up Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:53 am

Yeah i am all over skyrim loved oblivion cant wait for this Very Happy
Mash Up
Mash Up

Back to top Go down